Gliding Deer Ltd. D/B/A Gliding Deer (“Gliding Deer”, “we”, “our”) is committed to maintaining the privacy of its users (“you”, “user”). The following information describes how Gliding Deer collects and processes information about you when you use our Platform and Website (as defined below).
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- How we secure your information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Gliding Deer develops various interactive games while each (“Platform”) combines hand- drawn illustrations, animations, and immersive sound to provide its users with an audiovisual experience and community features and enable users to play and interact via the Platform (“Services”). The Platform is available through our Platform business partners (“Partners”) such as Facebook, Google, Apple and Amazon, who enable you to log in via their services to the Platform and by means of your already created profile. Gliding Deer’s website (“Website”) is designed to provide essential information on the Platform and Services and to enable users to contact Gliding Deer regarding the Services, apply for a job at Gliding Deer and to log-in to use the Platform.
When you use the Platform and Website, some information may be automatically collected, and some is collected when you interact with our Platform and Website. Information from which you can be personally identified may be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address and the location of the Device through which you used the Platform and Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”).
The type of information that may be automatically collected is non-personal information, which includes your session durations, the content you accessed on the Platform and Website, information about your Device and your internet connection and the frequency and scope of your use of the Platform and Website.
Gliding Deer shall only collect your Personal Information for the provision of the Platform and Website, via the methods detailed below:
a. Registering your Platform Account; Log-In
When you wish to register to our Platform and use the Services, you will be required to register and open a user account (“Account”) via one of our Partners’ services. The Personal Information we will process for the provision of the Platform to you will include your full name, email address, gender, IP Address and your Device advertising identifier (IDFA).
Please note that registering or logging-in to your Account to use the Platform is possible via our Partners’ Single Sign-On account (“SSO”). Signing in via the SSO will provide us with access to information included in the respective Partner’s SSO services you chose to utilize, and all in accordance with the specific Partner’s SSO account’s privacy settings.
b. Platform Profile:
As the Platform encourages interaction among its users, please note that your Account profile information may be displayed to other users of the Platform. This information may include your username, your photo (to help other users recognize you), your full name as well as your birthday, gender and country in case you choose to share it with us (“Platform Profile Information”).
c. Contact Us:
If you contact us for various reasons such as requesting a specific service, asking questions or raising a complaint, we will collect your full name, email address and the information related to your inquiry.
d. Applying for a job:
If you wish to apply for a job at Gliding Deer we will collect your full name, email address, and any information you submitted included in your CV.
e. Subscribing to our Newsletter:
If you wish to register to our newsletter and be provided with information on the Platform, Services and special promotions, we will collect your email address if you choose to provide it, and will send you the required materials.
Use of Information
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
1. Providing the Requested Services
- We collect your Personal Information such as your Account and Log in Information to enable you to register to use the Platform.
- We will collect your Platform Profile Information to enhance your engagement and interaction with other users of the Platform with respect to your use of the Platform.
- We will collect your full name, email address and the information related to your inquiry, if you wish to contact us regarding the Platform, Services or Website.
- We will collect your name, email address and information included in your CV if you applied for a job at Gliding Deer.
- Such collection of information will enable us to provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Website, Platform and Services you are provided with or wish to be provided with.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the requested Services and provision of the Platform and Website, as well as negotiation of a possible employment contract we may have with you.
2. Improvement and Development of the Services
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Gliding Deer’s Platform and Website to help provide more information on the use of our Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Platform and Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain our compliance with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Platform and Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Platform and Services to allow our users to have the best experience.
3. Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Platform and Website;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Platform and Websites by enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
4. Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Gliding Deer’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Platform and Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience on the Platform and Website and customize our content.
Roles and Responsibilities
Please note that certain data protection laws and regulations, such as the GDPR typically distinguish between two main roles for parties processing Personal Information: the “Data Controller”, who determines the purposes and means of processing; and the “Data Processor”, who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. Please see the below explanation where we elaborate how these roles that apply to our Services, to the extent that such laws and regulations apply.
b. With respect to the Platform and Services, our Partners are considered “Joint Controllers” as we share joint purposes when providing you with the Platform. We assure that data protection responsibilities are allocated between us and our partners so your data will be highly protected.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
We may share your Personal Information with our Partners, affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, storage, data management or maintenance services. Personal Information of users of our Platform including your Profile Personal Information and your progression may be shared, when such sharing is inherent to the use of the Platform. We may also share your Personal Information with third party payment processors who will process your payment details in accordance with the highest data security standard. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics purposes. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your Device, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Platform and Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Platform, Website and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Platform or Website to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Gliding Deer, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Platform or Website or a physical or property threat to you or others.
You have the right at any time to request to access or modify your information. To exercise these options, please contact us at email@example.com.
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
1. Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold
about you is incorrect or incomplete.
2. Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
3. Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
4. Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
5. Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it; 6. Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above rights to one of our Partners, we will contact them and make our best efforts to assist and facilitate your request.
If you wish to manage the information we receive about you from our Partners, a third-party application or platform through which you can access and utilize our Platform, please follow such Partner’s instructions for updating your information and changing your privacy settings.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, Gliding Deer agrees to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us at: email@example.com.
California Privacy Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) permits users who are California
residents to request to exercise certain rights. If you are a California resident, the CCPA
grants you the right to request certain information about our practices with respect to your
Personal Information. In particular, you can request to receive information on the following:
- The categories and specific pieces of your Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected your Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purposes for which we collected your Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with which we shared your Personal Information.
You can be rest assured that we do not sell your Personal Information. If you choose to exercise your rights, we will not charge you different prices or provide different quality of our Services, unless those differences are related to your provision of your Personal Information.
Please note that you must verify your identity and request before further action is taken. As a part of this process, government identification may be required. Moreover, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide, will only cover the 12 month period preceding your verifiable request’s receipt. If, for some reason, we cannot reply within such time frame, our response will include an explanation for our inability to comply. If you wish to exercise your CCPA rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless
permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out strict penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, Gliding Deer agrees to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how users make use of our Platform and Website. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website and Platform’s experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Platform and Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Platform and Website, the location from which you accessed the Platform and Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your Device, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your Device. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on our Platform and Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
We deploy industry standard, or better measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity and availability of Personal Information we process. We maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards, and test and update these periodically. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Platform and Website to you. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm, including with regard to notifications. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our Platform and Website, and transmission is at the users own risk.
Generally, Gliding Deer does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Platform, Website and Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Information, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the Personal Information is required for Gliding Deer to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested services.
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 17. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 17 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 17 YOU MAY NOT USE THE WEBSITE AND PLATFORM, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on July 2022.